Hosted by Elaine and Larry Conger in beautiful Gatlinburg, Tennessee, this event is dedicated to learning some of those great old hymns and gospel tunes we grew with in church. Participants will go away from the event with numerous arrangements that can be utilized in various worship settings.
Our host for the weekend will be the Black Bear Inn, located on the Parkway in downtown Gatlinburg just 200 yards from the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
The workshops will be geared toward the intermediate level mountain dulcimer player. A general knowledge of chord-melody style, tab reading skills, rhythm skills and three finger chords will be useful.
All instructional materials and MP3 audio demos will be provided. Refreshments will also be made available throughout the weekend.
Hotel reservations should be made separately by contacting the Black Bear Inn at 800-933-0777 or visit them online at www.blackbeargatlinburg.com and enter group code 38075 to receive a special hymnposium rate.
The schedule has yet to be finalized but should look something like this:
- 3:00-5:00 PM Friday - Registration
- 5:00-7:00 PM Friday - Dinner on your own
- 7:00-9:00 PM Friday - Session I
- 9:00 PM - Mini concert by Larry & Elaine
- 8:30-10:00 AM - Session II
- 10:00-10:30 AM - Break; refreshments provided
- 10:30-12:00 AM - Session III
- 12:00-2:00 PM - Lunch on your own
- 2:00-3:00 PM - Session IV
- 3:00-3:30 PM - Break; refreshments provided
- 3:30-4:30 PM - Session V
- 4:30-7:00 PM - Dinner on your own
- 7:00-8:30 PM - Sharing Session
- 8:30 PM till - Jam