Long Distance learning
NOTE - Typically, my teaching schedule is full and I maintain a waiting list. Please contact me for availability. In the meantime, please read the remainder of this page to better understand how my lessons work.
No matter where you live, your experience level as a player or your expectations as a student, a private lesson can be arranged for you via the Internet using Zoom, the free video conferencing service. Study the mountain dulcimer with me at your convenience and in the privacy of your own home while saving money on the cost of transportation to and from lessons.
Don't want to commit to a regularly scheduled lesson but instead just need help with understanding the tablature, a particular technique, or upcoming performance? You are welcome to schedule lessons one at a time and structure them to your specific needs/interests.
Lessons are billed by the month and the fee is collected at the beginning of each month. No refunds are given for student absences. However, lessons can be made up if advance notice of cancellation is provided and a convenient opening is available.
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS:
- Create yourself a Zoom account. It's free!
- Be sure that you have a high speed Internet connection.
- Turn off unused devices that might be sharing your signal.
- If other family members are sharing your bandwidth, ask them to refrain from using their devices during the lesson time.
- An Ethernet connection is usually much better than a wireless signal.
- Purchase a web cam, if you don't already have one, so that I will be able to see and hear you during the lesson time.
- An external webcam works better than a stationary one on a laptop or iPad, as you can direct and adjust it while still viewing your screen.
- Contact me with a short assessment of your skills/expectations and some suggested lesson times that would be convenient for you.
- After your payment has been processed, your lesson time will be confirmed via e-mail and a link included that will take you to the lesson at the appointed time.
- Just before the lesson, you will be sent a link via e-mail that should automatically open Zoom and take you directly to the lesson.
Aren’t sure if this method of learning is right for you? Ask me about a free preview lesson.